How to Get Out of a Slump
Ever feel like you’re stuck in a slump and can’t find any motivation to get out of it? We’ve all been there. Whether it’s for school, work, or just life, it can be frustrating when you can’t seem to just pull yourself together and get stuff done. Try out our strategies listed below and let us know if they helped you to regain your motivation!
- Acknowledge, address, and accept it
- Write and organize your thoughts: pull out that dusty journal of yours and let it out!
- Find inspiration somewhere: movies, TV shows, magazines, Tumblr, blogs, YouTube
- Take a break to sort things out: take a bath, read a book, take a nap, tidy your space
- Make a mood board: you can do this on Pinterest or have fun with it and make it tangible
- Find something to look forward to: have a special event coming up?
- Focus on self-love: pamper yourself, repeat positive affirmations, etc.
- Make a plan: don’t sit around too long - make a smart plan to get motivated
- Do a social media detox: work on a new feed theme, unfollow people that you don’t interact with much, follow new and motivational people
- Surround yourself with uplifting people: call up a loved one you miss and make plans!
- Help others: it can help yourself!
- Count your blessings: sometimes we forget how many things we have to be grateful for
- Talk it out: have a girl’s night with your best friend and share your thoughts
- Realize that it’s okay to start small: anything is a great start
- Celebrate any victory, no matter how small: if you’re making progress, that’s better than no progress
Sometimes you just have to keep pushing forward to get yourself out of an unmotivated slump, but oftentimes you can find ways to uplift yourself and get excited over something to help your case. When do you find yourself feeling unmotivated? What do you do to combat it? Share your thoughts!